Aaloo Paratha a popular North Indian breakfast recipes, one of the delicious & heavy dish among the stuffed variety parathas. Smashed potatoes stuffed in flat Indian bread with adding little Indian spices are its specular features. This dish goes very well with pickle, thick yoghurt or else Makhan/ Butter.
- Smashed Potato – 1 ½ cup
- Wheat Flour/ Atta – 1cup
- Corn Flour – ½ cup
- Garam Masala Powder – 1tsp
- Chili Powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin Seeds/ Jeera – 1tsp
- Coriander leaves/ Malli ela – ½ cup
- Oil – 2tbsp
- Butter – ½ cup
- Salt as per taste.
- Ginger – 1inch
- Garlic – 7pods
- Onion – 1medium size
- Green Chilies – 2nos
- Add together all the ingredients mentioned under paste in a mixer & make it to a fine paste.
- Take a vessel & add Wheat flour, corn flour, chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin seeds & coriander leaves & salt. Nicely mix.
- Then add the grinded paste & smashed potatoes & nicely knead the dough.
- Add oil & knead the dough till it becomes soft.
- Close the vessel with a lid & set aside for ½ an hour.
- Make lemon size balls from the dough. Roll out each ball into a 6 inch paratha.
- Heat a pan. Place the paratha & grease it with 1/2tsp of butter. When the sides turn light brown, turn it to other side & grease it with 1/2tsp of butter.
- When both sides are properly cooked, remove it to a plate.
Aaloo Paratha is ready to serve hot. Goes well with thick curd/ yogurt,
Makhan, Dal fry.