Adai dosa (Mixed Lentil Dosa) is one of the varieties from family of Dosas. This recipe is a South Indian Recipe which is also known to be a Healthy breakfast. This dosa contains all types of lentils which are required for a healthy diet. Adai is a combination of rice and various lentils/ dals with little spicy flavor of ginger and green chilies. This dosa should not be too thin or too thick while spreading on the dosa tawa. This dosa is usually prepared during breakfast as it is a heavy breakfast filled with all types of nutrients in it.
- Green Gram/ Cherupayar – ½ cup
- Raw Rice – ½ cup
- Urad Dal – ½ cup
- Red Gram/ Vanpayar – ½ cup
- Tur Dal – ½ cup
- Chickpeas/ Kadala – ½ cup
- Kabuli chana – ½ cup
- Fenugreek seeds/ ulava – 1tsp
- Green chilies – 3nos
- Small onion/ Shallots – 6nos
- Ginger – 1inch
- Jeera/ Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Salt as per taste.
- Soak all the lentils and rice in water for 10hours. Drain water completely.
- Grind the soaked lentils and rice in mixer. Remember the batter should not be pasted. There should be some granules of the lentils in batter.
- Grind Green chilies, small onions and ginger to a fine paste. Add it to the batter and mix well.
- Add cumin seeds and salt. Mix well. If the batter is too thick, add little water to form an idly batter consistency. Keep it closed for ½ an hour.
- Keep dosa tawa on medium flame & grease it with little oil.
- Pour 1 ladle of dosa batter & spread it in a round shape to make a thick dosa. (Don’t spread the batter too much, just make a medium size round shape)
- Sprinkle oil on top. When it starts turning crispy, flip the dosa onto other side.
- After few seconds take the dosa out & serve it hot.
Adai Dosa (ammiyar ada) goes well with Coconut chammandhi/ Dry Coconut chutney.