Adai paniyaram is a different version of Kuzhi Paniyaram – a Tamil Nadu based traditional dish which is very tasty and easy to make recipe. Normally we make this paniyaram with left over idly batter to serve it with evening tea or any unexpected guest arrival. Adai is a combination of rice and various lentils/ dals with little spicy flavor of ginger and green chilies. With this batter we can even make Adai Dosa. Can be served as a starter or for evening snacks.
- Green Gram/ Cherupayar – ½ cup
- Raw Rice – ½ cup
- Urad Dal – ½ cup
- Red Gram/ Vanpayar – ½ cup
- Tur Dal – ½ cup
- Chickpeas/ Kadala – ½ cup
- Kabuli chana – ½ cup
- Fenugreek seeds/ ulava – 1tsp
- Green chilies – 3nos
- Small onion/ Shallots – 6nos
- Ginger – 1inch
- Jeera/ Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Salt as per taste.
- Soak all the lentils and rice in water for 10hours. Drain water completely.
- Grind the soaked lentils and rice in mixer. Remember the batter should not be pasted. There should be some granules of the lentils in batter.
- Chop Green chilies, small onions and ginger very finely. Add it to the batter and mix well.
- Add cumin seeds and salt. Mix well. If the batter is too thick, add little water to form an idly batter consistency. Keep it closed for ½ an hour.
- Heat Paniyaram pan and drop tbsp. oil in each hole of the paniyaram pan.
- When the oil is enough hot, pour the batter slowly into each hole. Low flame and after 2mins with the help of fork and spoon turn it to other side. Allow it cook.
- When both the sides turn slightly brown in color. Remove it to a plate wrapped with paper towel.
Hot Adai paniyaram is ready to serve with chilli coconut chammadhi.