Aloo Matar Ki Sabzi (Potato – Green peas curry) is one of the common & famous dishes of Uttar Pradesh. Potatoes along with frozen peas cooked in creamy gravy makes this dish authentic. Simple, Tasty & Easy to make are its speciality. Normally this curry is served with pooris & chapathis.
- Potato – 2 medium sizes (finely chopped)
- Onion – 2 nos (finely chopped)
- Ginger – Garlic paste – 1tbsp
- Frozen Green peas – 1 cup
- Tomato ketchup – 1tbsp
- Chili powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 2tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Fresh Cream – 1 cup
- Coriander leaves – ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Salt as per taste.
- Cook chopped potatoes in a pressure cooker or else you can microwave the potatoes without adding water for 8 to 9 mins. Keep the cooked potatoes aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Splutter cumin seeds & add finely chopped onion & little salt. Nicely sauté till the onion turns golden in color.
- Add Ginger – garlic paste & sauté for 3mins to remove its raw smell.
- Add Chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder & sauté for 5mins in low flame. Then add tomato ketchup & sauté well for 5mins.
- Add the frozen green peas & cooked potatoes & mix all the ingredients together so that the masala is well combined with potatoes.
- Now add Fresh cream & adequate salt. Cook in low flame for 6mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Aloo Matar Sabzi is ready to serve hot with Chapathi, hot rice & naan.