Andhra Spicy Chicken Fry…This authentic dish is a restaurant style Non- vegetarian recipe of Telugu Cuisine.In Andhra, this dish is very popularly known as Kodi Vepudu. Kodi means Chicken and Vepudu means Fry. As we are familiar that Andhra foods are usually spicy, mainly Non – Veg Dishes. Chicken Vepudu / Andhra Chicken Fry is a mild spicy, lip smacking, simple to prepare Indian Delicious side dish can be served as Starter or else Non-Veg Snack. Andhra Spicy Chicken Fry can be enjoyed with steamed rice or else with Fried Rice.
Step by Step method is been narrated to prepare this chicken fry. Try at your home kitchen and send me your valuable comments.
- Chicken – 500gms (cleaned)
- Green Chilies – 3nos (cut into slits)
- Onion – 1no (sliced)
- Curry leaves – 3springs
- Oil – 3tbsp
- Red Chili powder – 1tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1tbsp
- Onion – 1 large size( smashed)
- Ginger paste – 1/2tsp
- Garlic paste – 1/2tsp
- Ghee – 1/2tsp (optional)
- Lemon juice – 1/2tsp
- Salt as per taste.
- Take the cleaned chicken and cut into medium size cubes.
- Marinate chicken cubes with above mentioned ingredients mentioned under FOR MARINATION along with 1tbsp water.
- Nicely marinate the chicken cubes and set aside in fridge for 15mins.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add the marinated chicken cubes and fry it in lowflame untill the chicken cubes get cooked and get slight brown in color.
- Remove the fried chicken cubes into a paper towel wrapped dish.
- In the remaining oil, Add slited green chilies and curry leaves.
- When the curry leaves turns crispy, add sliced onion and roast till onion turns slight brown in color.
- Now add fried chicken cubes into the roasted onion slices and mix them well.
- Then reduce flame and close the pan with a lid and cook for 5mins.
Switch off and serve the Spicy Chicken Fry with Steamed Rice, Chapati, Side Dish or else as Starter.