Aval Dosa (Rice Flakes Dosa)
Soft, Fluffy & Tasty Aval/ Rice flakes/ Poha dosa is made of raw rice, urad dal & rice flakes. Some people use curd for a tangy taste but in my dish I have not used curd. It is a very simple & variety dish which looks like our normal sada dosa.
- Raw rice: 2cups
- Urad dal: 1cup
- Rice Flakes/ Aval/ Poha: 2cups
- Methi seeds/ Ulava – 1tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Soak rice & urad dal in a vessel for 10 hours. Also soak rice flakes for 1 hour before grinding.
- Grind all the soaked items together adding little water.
- Remove batter from the mixer to a container. Add salt & cover the container tightly & keep a side for 12 hours.
- Keep dosa tawa on medium flame & grease it with little oil.
- Then add one ladle batter on tawa & spread it as the same we do for normal dosa.
- Don’t sprinkle oil on top. Close it with a lid.
- When it starts turning crispy, flip the dosa onto other side.
- After few seconds take the dosa out & serve it hot.
Aval Dosa goes well with coconut chammanthi.