Besan Roti is a common Indian Bread dish known as Besan ki Roti. Beasn roti is a combination of besan (kadala powder) & wheat flour. Besan roti is usually prepared at our house when we look for a change from our normal chapathis. Today iam posting the recipe for Besan Roti which iam sure you all will try at your Kitchen.
How to Make Besan ki Roti:
- Besan powder / Kadala podi – 2 cups
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Chilly Powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
- Gram masala powder – a pinch
- Hing/ Asfoetida powder – a pinch
- Roasted Jeera powder – ½ tsp
- Onion – 1 medium sized (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Salt as per taste.
- In a bowl add besan powder, wheat flour, coriander powder, chilly powder, turmeric powder. garam masala powder, hing, jeera powder, chopped onion & coriander leaves & salt & mix well.
- Add water to knead smooth dough.
- Close the bowl with a lid & leave the dough rest for ½ an hour.
- Then make lemon size balls from the dough.
- Roll each ball into a round shape. (As we do normally for chapathis)
- Heat frying pan on medium flame & drop the round dough into the pan.
- Then after a minute apply oil on it & flip onto other side.
- Allow to cook for a minute & apply oil.
- When you find all sides are equally cooked, remove from the pan.
Besan roti is ready to eat. Dahi/ Curd or else raita are the best combination with this roti…