Usually pakoda forms a part of Indian street foods & bread pakoda is one of them. It is a quick & famous snack known all over Mumbai. They can be cut into desired shapes such as rectangle, triangle (I used triangle shape). It is usually made out of chana powder (besan/ chickpea). Let’s get into the recipe & try it.
- Green Chilly – 3 nos (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (finely chopped)
- Onion – 1 medium sized (finely chopped)
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Besan (chana/ chickpea powder) – 1 cup
- Bread slices – 4 nos
- Hing (asfoetida) powder – 2 pinch
- Salt as per taste
- Oil – 1 ½ cup
- In a bowl add besan powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder hing, chopped green chilly, ginger, onion & salt.
- Add little water to make thick batter.
- Remove sides of the bread & cut it into triangle shape.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Dip bread pieces into the batter & drop it in hot oil.
- When sides of the bread get slightly brown, turn it to other side.
- When it starts turning crispy, remove & place it in a serving dish.
- Bread pakoda is ready to eat. Combination goes well with coriander chutney & tomato sauce.