Bread Upma a very tasty and delicious tiffin that can be made in few minutes.Chopped bread slices added to the mix of cooked chopped onion, green chillies, ginger, potato and coriander leaves, makes Bread upma delicious.Bread Upma and Veg Sandwich are my favorite and easy to make snacks that my Amma used to make in evening when i was a kid.
Upma a south Indian recipe can be made with Rava, Semiya or Broken wheat which is a common tiffin.
Bread : 16 Slices
Onion/ Sabola : 2nos ( Finely Chopped)
Green Chilies : 2nos (chopped)
Ginger : 1 inch (finely chopped)
Potato : 1 no (chopped in small Cubes)
Carrot : 1 nos (finely chopped)
Tomato : 1no (finely chopped)
Tomato Ketchup : 1tsp
Chili powder: 1/2tsp
Turmeric powder : 1/4tsp
Jeera/ Cumin Seeds : 1/2tsp
Salt as per taste.
Oil – 2tbsp
Coriander leaves/ Malli Ela : few stands (chopped)
Curry leaves/ Kadipattha/ Karuvepila : 2 strands.
- Cut sides of the bread slices and chop bread slices into small pieces.
- Pour Oil in a kadai. When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds.
- Add chopped green chilies and ginger. saute for a second.
- Then add chopped onion and saute till onion turns transparent. Then add finely chopped tomato. saute well.
- Add chopped Potato,carrot, chili powder, turmeric powder and salt. Nicely mix all ingredients. Close it with a lid and simmer the gas.
- When the potato is properly cooked, add Ketchup and Mix all items nicely.
- Now add chopped coriander leaves and bread slices. saute ingredients till all items are properly mixed.
- Simmer the gas and close kadai with a lid for 2 minutes.
Hot, Yummy and Easy to make Bread Upma is ready.