Cabbage paratha is a very simple paratha stuffed with finely chopped cabbage. There are 2 methods for making this paratha. One is stuffing the cooked cabbage & the other is stuffing the raw cabbage. I preferred of going with cooked cabbage as my family doesn’t love the taste & smell of raw cabbage. Trust me!!!!!!!!!!! It turned awesome. Come, let’s get into the recipe.
- Cabbage – 250 gms (finely chopped)
- Wheat Flour – 3cups
- Green chilies – 2nos (finely chopped)
- Ginger – Garlic paste – 1tsp
- Chili powder – ½tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½tsp
- Coriander powder/ Dhania/ Malli – 1tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1tsp
- Cumin seeds/ jeera/ jeeragam – 1tsp
- Coriander leaves – ½cup (finely chopped)
- Butter – 2tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Heat a kadai. Pour 1tsp oil. Add chopped cabbage & green chilies. Then add chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder & little salt. Sprinkle water & close with a lid & cook for 10mins on low flame. Allow it to cool
- In a vessel, add wheat flour, garam masala powder, cumin seeds, coriander leaves, ginger-garlic paste & salt. Mix well.
- Then add cooked cabbage & nicely mix the dough. Add a little oil to our hand & again knead the dough to make it smooth. Close the vessel with a lid & set aside for 5mins.
- Make lemon size balls from the dough. Roll out each ball into a 6 inch paratha.
- Heat a pan. Place the paratha & grease it with 1/2tsp of butter. When the sides turn light brown, turn it to other side & grease it with 1/2tsp of butter.
- When both sides are properly cooked, remove it to a plate.
- Cabbage paratha is ready to serve hot with thick curd/ yogurt.