Carrot is a very popular vegetable and used in our daily food in the means of Salads, Soups, Upma, Sambhar, Stews… as it contains lots of nutrients that are good for our health. Carrot Juice and Carrot Halwa is a well-known and delicious dessert made out of Carrot. Carrot helps us in maintaining a beautiful and glowing skin and also acts as an antioxidant to fight against infections. Today presenting is a new rice dish which is Easy, tasty and Instant to make – Carrot Pulao. Fresh grated Carrot in combination with rice and very little Indian spices make this dish authentic. Rich in color, texture, healthy and delicious rice recipe are its specialties and can be a favorite dish among children. The most highlighted point is that this rice course doesn’t require any accompaniment. So Bachelors and Instant Food lovers can surely try this rice recipe… Let’s start with the recipe in detail.
- Basmati Rice/ Jeera Rice – 1cup
- Fresh Carrot Grated – 1cup
- Ginger – Garlic paste – 1tsp
- Onion – 1no (sliced)
- Chili powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp (optional) (I didn’t use)
- Coriander leaves/ Malli Ela – ½ cup (chopped)
- Oil – 1sp
- Salt as per taste.
- Clean rice nicely in normal water. Add 2cups water and cook the rice.
- When the water starts boiling, low flame and cook rice. See to it that the rice is not over cooked.
- Drain water completely from the cooked rice and allow rice to cool.
- Heat oil in a pan, Add sliced onion and sauté for 2mins in high flame.
- Add ginger – garlic paste and sauté well. Now low flame and sauté till onion turns transparent.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder and salt. Sauté well.
- Add the fresh grated carrot and sauté for 2mins in low flame.
- Now add cooked rice and mix all the ingredients very well. Switch off flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.
Easy, Tasty, Instant Carrot Pulao is ready for lunch or dinner. Goes well with Lemon Pickle.