Chammanthi Podi is a typical Kerala tradition recipe which can be used as a side dish with hot rice. Dry coconut fried with all nadan spices & finely minced can be preserved in air tight container for long days without keeping in refrigerator.
- Dry Coconut / Copra – 2 full coconuts
- Ginger/ Adrath – 50gm
- Black Pepper/ Kurumulaga – 1tsp
- Coriander seeds/ Malli – 50gm
- Roasted gram/ Pottukadala – 50gm
- Green Chilies – 5nos
- Dry Chilly/ Kollamulaga – 25gm
- Shallots/ Cheruulli – 10nos
- Curry leaves/ Karuvepilla – 1 cup
- Heat a kadai & roast all the above said ingredients till golden brown. Keep aside to cool.
- Then grind the roasted ingredients to a fine powder & remove it to an air tight container.
Preserve it & best combination with hot rice.