Tikka means pieces. Chicken tikka is a very simple & yummy starter marinated in thick yoghurt & special spices. Non vegetarians will love this dish. Tomato sauce is the best combination while serving. Today I have made this dish in microwave instead of gas top to save time. Hope you all will like this dish & try in your kitchen & send me your valuable comments.
- Boneless Chicken (350gms) – 10pieces
- Chili powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Chaat Masala – 1tsp
- Lemon Jucie – 1tsp
Marinade: (Mix together)
- Thick Curd/ Yoghurt – ½ cup
- Oil – 2tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 2tbsp
- Chicken Masala powder – 2tbsp
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp (optional)
- Garam Masala powder – 1tsp
- Chili powder – ½ tsp
- Salt as per taste.
- Clean the chicken pieces nicely & pat dry on a napkin. Marinate the chicken pieces with chili powder, turmeric powder & salt & keep it in fridge for ½ an hour.
- Marinate the pieces in the marinade for at least 2-3hours.
- Set the microwave oven at 200 degree Celsius using the oven (convection) mode & press start to preheat oven.
- Grease the wire rack or grill rack with some oil. Put the tikkas on greased rack & place it in the hot oven.
- Set the preheated oven for 20minutes & cook the tikkas.
- Spoon some melted butter on the tikkas & cook in Microwave mode for 5mins or until cooked.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle some chaat masala & lemon juice.
Chicken Tikka is ready to serve hot with tomato ketchup.