Coconut chutney is very famous side dish used in many of the South Indian recipes. This is a great accompaniment for almost all type of dosas, Idly. This can be used as a companion for medu vada and variety of other snacks and cooked rice. Fresh grated coconut grinded with green chilies and ginger gives a very good taste and is also easy to make.
- Fresh Grated Coconut: 1 cup
- Green Chilies – 5 nos (according to spice)
- Ginger – 1inch
- Roasted Gram/ Pottukadalai – 1tbsp
- Mustard Seeds/ Rai – 1tsp
- Dry red Chilies – 2nos
- Curry leaves – 6leaves
- Coconut Oil – 1tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Grind together Grated coconut, ginger, green chilies, pottukadalai and adequate salt.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Splutter mustard seeds, dry red chilies and curry leaves. Pour the ground coconut mixture. Add little water to make the chutney a little loose.
- When the coconut chutney comes to boil, switch off flame.
Coconut chutney can be used as a side dish for idly and dosa.