Corn flour idly is a new recipe which I have prepared instantly. Corn is a nutritional cereal which is most useful for childrens. Normally we use corn flour for coating fish, meat & paneer. Also we use this flour for thickening soups & curries. But just tried in my own style of making idly out of it & the dish came awesome. Only one thing we have to keep in mind is serve hot as if cooled the idly becomes slightly hard. Otherwise when served hot it is soft & fluffy as our normal Rice & Rava/ Rave idly.
- Corn flour – 2cups
- Thick yogurt/ Curd – 1cup
- Green chilies – 2nos (finely chopped)
- Ginger – ½ inch (finely chopped)
- Dry Fenugreek leaves/ Kasoori methi – 1tsp
- Malli Ela/ Coriander Leaves – 1tbsp
- Rai/ Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Oil – ½ tsp
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Heat oil in a kadai. Splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds and then add corn flour & roast flour in low flame for 5mins.
- Mix all the ingredients together into idly batter form. The consistency must be thick. If required pour little water. (Optional)
- Pour batter in the idly mould & steam it.
Corn flour idly is ready to serve hot with coriander chutney.