Soya is a very nutritional item as it is considered as a strong defender for heart disease, cholesterol & High blood pressure. Usually people don’t like the taste of Soya nuggets that’s the reason today presenting before you a versatile dish which is delicious, tasty & yummy. Today I have tried something different with Soya nuggets….Soya chunks cooked in Fresh cream with some Indian flavors. The texture & taste will surely attract the hearts of your dear ones.
- Soya Chunks – 500gms
- Onion – 1no (finely chopped)
- Ginger – Garlic Paste – 1tsp
- Tomato – 1 no (finely chopped)
- Tomato sauce – 1tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Chili powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Garam Masala Powder – 1tsp
- Fresh Cream – ½ cup
- Dry Fenugreek leaves/ Methi leaves – 1tsp
- Oil – 2tsp
- Salt as per taste.
- Boil the Soya chunks in water for 5mins & then close it with a lid & keep for 10 mins. Remove the lid &drain the excess water from the soya chunks. Keep the drained chunks aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai & add cumin seeds. Allow it to splutter.
- Then add the chopped onions & sauté in medium flame adding little salt.
- When onion turns transparent & pink in color, add ginger-garlic-green chili paste & sauté well for 2mins.
- Then add chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder & salt & sauté in medium flame for 2mins.
- Add chopped tomato & tomato sauce & sauté well till oil separates.
- Add the drained soya chunks & mix well so that all masala is proportionally mixed with soya balls.
- Add 1 ½ glass water & allow it to boil in high flame.
- Low flame & cook closed for 15mins.
- Remove the lid, Add methi leaves & fresh cream & allow boiling. Don’t over boil the dish.
Creamy Soya Chunks Masala is ready to serve hot with chapathis.