Onion fritters/ Kanda Bhajia a simple evening snack during rainy season. Onions dipped in chickpea flour with some added masala deep fried & one of easiest & less time consuming snack enjoyed with a cup of hot ginger tea makes our rainy evening wonderful & pleasant. Kanda bhajia is also famous in the name of Kanda Pakoda/ Pakoras.
- Onion – 2nos (cut into round shape)
- Besan/ Kadala powder – ½ cup
- Green chilies – 2nos (finely chopped)
- Ginger – ½ inch (finely chopped)
- Chili powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander seed/ Dhaniya – 1tsp
- Hing powder – ½ tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Mix together all the ingredients except onion. Nicely mix all the ingredients. Pour little water to make a fine thick besan paste
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep fry. Just dip a pinch of besan paste into oil to check whether oil is hot.
- If oil is hot, besan paste will come on top of the oil.
- Nicely coat round shaped onions into the besan paste & dip into oil for deep fry.
- Fry the bhajiya till color turns golden brown or else the onion turns crispy.
- Remove the kandha bhajia to a plate wrapped with paper towel.
Pyaz Pakora/ Onion Fritters are ready to serve hot with tomato ketchup.