Curry Leaves also known in various other names such as kadi patta, veppila, karuveppila etc…is one of the herb used in our Indian kitchen daily since long years. Today Iam presenting before you is Curry Leaves Chammandhi which can be made instantly and used as side dish for Idli, dosa and Rice.
I love Curry leaves due to its medicinal properties that can fight anemia, diabetes, cure digestion problems as it has rich source of Vitamin A, calcium and folic acid which help in curing all our major health problems.
Curry leaves are a good friend of women because consumption of curry leaves strengthens hair growth, cures dandruff problems and prevents from early hair graying. In Kerala, ladies use curry leaves fried in coconut oil for applying on hair which gives long, black and thick hair. It has nice aroma too.
Curry leaves/ Karuveppila chammandhi is made grinding a bunch of curry leaves with grated fresh coconut and green chilies. This chammanthi can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days.
- Curry Leaves – 100gms
- Grated Fresh Coconut – 1cup
- Green chilies – 4nos
- Ginger – 1inch
- Shallots/ Cheru ulli – 4nos
- Tamarind – 1 piece
- Salt as per taste.
- Grind the Grated Fresh Coconut to fine paste.
- Add curry leaves, green chilies, ginger and small piece of tamarind along with little water and grind well.
- Grind shallots (small onion) to above paste so that we can bite the pieces of onion partially which makes nice taste to the chammanthi.
- Remove it on a bowl.
- Add few drops of fresh coconut oil on the top and mix well.
Serve with Hot Dosa, Idli and rice.