The basic chutney which can be included in our daily meals is Coriander/ Dhaniya/ Cilantro chutney. Coriander chutney is made out of fresh green coriander/ dhaniya leaves with a combination of green chilies & coconut. Specialty of this dish is that it goes well with all North Indian dishes as well as South Indian dishes. It has medicinal quality which is best for our kidney. Health is Wealth which we have learnt & known. This chutney can be preserved in our fridge for a week. Taste is very good with fresh green color & nice aroma. Easy to make & best use for bachelors.
- Coriander/ Dhaniya leaves – 2 cups
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Green Chilies – 4 nos
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Small onion/ shallots/ cheruulli – 5 nos
- Salt – as per taste.
- Wash the coriander leaves thoroughly. Don’t remove the stems.
- In a mixer, grind all the above ingredients except coriander leaves to fine paste.
- Then add coriander leaves to it & grind properly. Please do not add water.
- Coriander chutney is ready to serve. Preserve the chutney in refrigerator in an air tight container.
Will go best with parathas, fried rice, pakoras, samosas & sandwich.