Christmas is a very well-known festival and celebrated all over the world. Christmas without plum cakes is incomplete. Making original plum cake using rum is a month before making process and can be made perfectly after lots of practice. I wanted to make this Christmas also special as always so planned to make Plum cake but without using rum as Rum is not at all allowed in our house. Tried for the first time and it came out very well. Mixed dry fruits and chopped almonds baked gives a very yummy taste to this cake and aroma of the cake is so tempting due to added vanilla essence. Easy to make with almost the tastes of our traditional Plum cake….let’s get into the recipe…
- Refined Maida/ All-purpose flour – 2cups
- Powdered sugar – 1 ½ cup
- Eggs – 6nos
- Vanilla Essence – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Baking powder – 1tsp
- Unsalted Butter – 1cup
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Chopped Almonds/ Badam – ½ cup
- Chopped mixed fruits – ½ cup (raisins, grapes)
- Butter paper for greasing.
- Sieve all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt together in a vessel.
- In a small bowl, mix almonds and chopped fruits in 2tbsp of maida.
- In another vessel, add butter and sieved sugar powder. Cream the mixture to a smooth and fluffy cream.
- Then add vanilla essence and eggs. Nicely beat the mixture to a smooth cream using an electric whisk or else spatula.
- Now add sieved flour to cream part by part. Nicely mix all ingredients. See to it that no lumps are foamed.
- Transfer cake batter to an 8 inch greased cake pan. Now add chopped mixed fruits and almonds on top of the batter.
- Now using a sweeker, just round the sweeker into batter to mix fruits and almonds inside the batter.
- Preheat the oven for 15mins at 250 degree Celsius. Now keep the cake batter mould inside the oven and bake the cake in convection mode (250 degree Celsius) for 35 to 40mins.
- Insert a tooth pick in middle of the cake to just check whether the cake is cooked properly. If the tooth pick is coming out plain with no batter stick to it, then the cake is perfectly cooked.
- Remove it from oven and keep it aside for cooling to 10 to 15mins.
- Cut the plum cake into large pieces and serve during Christmas.
Easy Plum cake is ready to serve.