Tutti Frutti Cake…This is the cake which I have tried first time in my kitchen using a pressure cooker. Believe me, I am poor in making cakes but wanted to try one at least as Christmas is near to us. So I tried out the old method of making cakes i.e. Cake made in pressure cooker. I preferred Eggless cake and gave a try. Believe me the cake turned awesome. Soft Fluffy, Nice vanilla aroma, rich in color and taste with lots of tutty frutty added. You can substitute tutty frutty with nuts too. If you love eggs then substitute milk powder with 3eggs. Let’s get into the recipe
- Plain Maida/ All – Purpose flour – 1cup
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Milk Powder – 1cup
- Milk – 1cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1tsp
- Unsalted Butter (kept at room temperature) – 1cup
- Powdered Sugar – 1cup
- Tutti frutti – 1cup
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt together in to a bowl.
- In another bowl, sieve sugar powder and milk powder.
- Take a Deep bottom vessel, Add Butter, sugar powder and milk powder. Nicely cream the ingredients to a thick paste.
- Add milk and vanilla essence. Nicely mix all the ingredients with a whisk or else spatula.
- You can see some curdles in the cream but not to worry. Make two portions of the sieved flour.
- Add 1st portion of flour into the cream and thoroughly mix. See to it no lumps are foamed in batter.
- Now add the 2nd portion and again thoroughly mix batter. Add tutty frutty to the batter.
- Grease an 8 inch cake pan with little butter. I placed butter paper inside and sides of the cake pan.
- Pour cake batter into greased cake pan and lightly tap on the kitchen counter to remove the air bubbles.
- Preheat your pressure cooker for 2mins in high heat, removing the gasket and without whistle.
- Now place a round stand inside the cooker carefully and then place a round thick steel plate on the stand so that the heat is evenly circulated to the cake pan and cake gets cooked perfectly.
- Place the cake pan above the thick steel plate using pot holder so that your hands are safe as the cooker will be very hot.
- Now close it with a cooker lid. Please note that gasket needs to be removed as well as no whistle to be kept.
- Now cook the cake in high flame for 5mins and then low flame and cook more for 45mins. After 45 mins, insert a tooth pick in the middle of cake and check whether the cake is perfectly cooked.
- If the tooth pick comes out without any batter sticking on it then the cake is perfectly cooked. Even the sides of the cake will leave from sides with a nice aroma in the kitchen.
- Switch off the flame. Allow it to cool for ½ an hour. Remove it from Cooker and place it into a plate.
- If you’re using butter paper, then remove the butter paper from sides as well as down side of the cake.
- Cut the cake into pieces and place it in a serving tray.
Enjoy your Tutty Frutty Cake made in pressure cooker.