Fruit Salad/ Custard is a very common dessert usually made in households. This dessert is a combination of different types of fruits such as apple, orange, banana, grapes, pomegranate, pineapple mixed together in milk and custard. Even you can enhance the flavor by adding dry fruits to this dessert. This fruit salad can be served even in parties as well as get-togethers. Normally children don’t love to have fresh fruits but using this recipe you can delight your children and be tension free. Even elders like us also will love to have this dessert.
- Custard powder – 3tbsp (any flavor of your choice)
- Milk – 3cups
- Sugar – ½ cup (or as per your taste)
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Vanilla Essence – ½ tsp
- Fruits – Any fruits of your choice (I used orange, apple, grapes and pomegranate)
- In a half glass of milk, mix the custard powder and mix well to avoid lumps.
- Boil Milk in a deep bottom vessel. Low flame and add the custard milk. Stir nicely.
- Add sugar and stir till it gets completely dissolved. After few minutes, you can see the milk has started
- getting thick. Switch off flame. Add cardamom powder and vanilla essence.
- Allow the custard to cool. When the custard/ salad is cooled, add chopped fruits of your choice.
Fruit Salad/ Fruit Custard is ready to serve as a dessert.