Gobi Masala is yummy & delicious dish & I love this with rotis…Cauliflower/ Gobi cooked in roasted coconut & choicest spices gravy makes this dish exotic. This dish goes well with plain rice, jeera rice, rotis, chapathis, pulao, plain naan & bread. Really!!!!A wonderful recipe. Let’s get into the recipe & learn how to make this dish:
- Cauliflower – 15florets
- Onion – 2medium size (sliced)
- Carrot – 1no (cubically chopped)
- Potato – 1no (cubically chopped)
- Tomato – 1no (finely chopped)
- Frozen matter/ Vatana – 1small bowl
- Mutton Masala Powder – 1/2tsp (I used Everest Mutton Masala Powder)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2tsp
- Oil – 3tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Grated Coconut – 1/2cup
- Coriander/ Malli/ Dhania Powder – 6tsp
- Dry Red Chilies – 5nos
- Onion – 1small size – chopped
- Garlic – 5pods
- Curry leaves – 4nos
- Mustard seeds/ Rai/ Kadaka – 1tsp
- Dry Red Chilies – 2nos
- Curry Leaves – 4nos
- Wash the cauliflower florets in normal water. Take a bottomed vessel & add cauliflower florets with adequate water. Add to it 1/2tsp turmeric powder & 1/2tsp salt. Boil for 3mins. Drain the water completely & keep the florets aside.
- Heat a kadai. Add 1tsp oil. Then add all the above ingredients required for masala except coriander powder. Fry until golden brown. Then add Coriander powder & fry for 5mins. Switch off the flame & allow it to cool.
- Grind the fried masala ingredients to a fine paste.
- In the same kadai, add balance oil. Then add mustard seeds & allow them to splutter. Then add the curry leaves & dry red chilies.
- Then add sliced onion & garlic. Sauté well till onion turns slightly golden color.
- Add tomato & sauté well till oil oozes out. Add Mutton Masala powder & salt.
- Add the grounded paste. Mix well.
- Then add all the vegetables along with cauliflower florets & mix nicely.
- If the gravy seems too thick, add 1cup of water & allow it to boil.
- Close the kadai with a lid & cook vegetables in coconut masala gravy for 25mins.
Gobi Masala is ready to serve.