Horse gram/ Mudira are very nutrious cereal for our body. In Kerala state, Thiruvadhira festival is very famous. During this festival, Horse gram is an important item through which we make different delicious items. Today I tried something different with horse gram & believe me!!!! This turned wonderful. Horse gram/ Mudira Idli. This dish is an easy to make recipe with less efforts & much healthier!!!!!!!! Come let us go to its ingredients:
- Horse Gram/ Mudira – 1 cup
- Raw Rice – 1 ½ cup
- Urad dal – ½ cup
- Tur dal – 5 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Soak rice, horse gram, urad dal & tur dal in water for 10 hours.
- Grind all the soaked items together adding little water.
- Remove batter from the mixer to a container. Cover the container tightly & keep a side for 12 hours.
- Then add salt & water to the batter as per normal idly batter.
- Grease the idli cooker with little oil & fill each of them with one ladle batter.
- Steam idlis for atleast ½ an hour on medium flame or until done.
- When they are cool, remove the idlis to the serving plate.
This goes very well with chili chutney.