Ragi also known in the name of Finger Millet is rich in proteins and can be easily digested. Ragi has very health benefits and as a reason it is necessary for us to bring it to our daily life. Using ragi flour we can make varieties of delicious dishes such as Ragi roti, Ragi Idly, Ragi vada, Ragi cutlet and Ragi Dosa which is the simplest and easiest way to eat.
Ragi Dosa can be made in two types
- Instant Ragi Dosa
- Normal Ragi Dosa – mine today’s recipe. Ragi mixed with fine urad dal paste gives a very smooth textureto the dish. Lest get into the recipe…
- Raggi Flour – 1cup
- Urad dal – 1cup
- Sooji Rava – ½ cup
- Baking powder – a pinch
- Coconut Oil as per requirement.
- Salt as per taste.
- Soak urad dal for 3hours. Soak Rava for 1hour before grinding.
- Grind urad dal to a fine paste. Add the soaked rava and grind for 1min.
- Then add ragi powder and baking powder. Nicely mix all the ingredients.
- If you feel the batter is too thick, add ¼ glass water to the ragi batter.
- Keep it closed 12hours for fermentation. Then add adequate salt.
- Keep dosa tawa on medium flame & grease it with little oil.
- Then add one ladle batter on tawa & spread it as the same we do for normal dosa.
- Sprinkle oil on top. When it starts turning crispy; flip the dosa onto other side.
- After few seconds take the dosa out & serve it hot.
Ragi Dosa goes well with Coconut chutney.