Coconut laddoo/ ladoo is an Indian sweet prepared usually on Diwali/ Ganesh Chaturthi/ Dassera….This is a recipe which can be made in varieties but the taste is simply awesome. We can make this sweet with fresh coconut cooked in milk adding sugar as we usually do for Coconut Barfi or else desiccated coconut mixed in condensed milk. As I stay in Kerala, there is no limit of availability for coconut in my house. So I thought of using my house hold coconut for making Coconut laddoo. What I did is grated fresh coconut and then just roasted in low flame for 5 to 6 mins to make them little dry. Trust me the coconut laddoo came awesome. For Deepavali/ Diwali sweets is a must but in today’s busy life no one has time to devote much in kitchen, so I thought of trying those recipes which is easy to make but in taste no compromise. So bringing before you the coconut laddoos made in my kitchen.
- Grated Fresh Coconut – 4cups (medium sized coconut)
- Milkmaid/ Condensed Milk – 400ml
- Raisin – 4 to 5nos
- Roast the grated coconut in a pan for 6mins in low flame. When cooled, grind it in the mixer for making it slightly powdered.
- In a deep bottom vessel, add the condensed milk/ milkmaid. Add grounded coconut and nicely mix.
- Check whether you are able to prepare round shaped laddoos otherwise add a little more of grated roasted coconut to match the consistency.
- Prepare lemon sized balls out of the mixture. Garnish with raisins.
- Place it in an air tight container and keep it in refrigerator for 30mins.
Fresh and Instant Coconut laddoos are ready to serve.