Khaman dhokla is a traditional & famous dish of Gujrat. A combination of besan flour mixed with yoghurt, sugar makes this dish something different. Normally Khaman dhoklas are prepared by steaming but today I have tried it by preparing this dish in microwave in just 5 mins. This dish feels important when any guests arrive without intimation & we need to serve them. Something unique & different will surely attract your guests. Try this at home & post me your valuable comments.
- Besan/ Chickpea/ Kadala powder – 1cup
- Sooji rava – 2tsp
- Baking powder – 1tsp
- Soda powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Lime juice – 1tsp
- Chili Ginger paste – 1tsp
- Sugar – 2tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Rai/ Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- White sesame seeds – ½ tsp
- Hing/ Asafetida powder – ½ tsp
- Grated Coconut – 1tsp
- Coriander/ Malli/ Dhaniya leaves – 1tsp finely chopped.
- Take a deep bottom vessel. Sieve besan powder, baking powder, soda powder in the vessel.
- Add sooji rava, sugar, lime juice, chili ginger paste& adequate salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Add ½ cup of water to make a smooth batter. See to it that no lumps are formed.
- Grease the Microwave 7 inch dish with little oil.
- Pour batter in microwave bowl.
- In microwave mode, keep it at maximum temperature, heat it for 5mins.
- Soft fluffy khaman dhokla is ready. Keep it standing time of 2mins for cooling.
- In the meantime, heat a frying pan. Add 1tbsp oil.
- Add mustard seeds & allow it to splutter. Then add to it sesame seeds & hing powder.
- Switch off the flame & add 3tbsp of water. Pour the tempered ingredients above the khaman dhokla.
- Cut it into square shape. Garnish with coriander leaves & grated coconut.
Soft – fluffy microwave Instant Khaman Dhokla is ready to serve. Combination is Coriander chutney or tomato