Kadai Paneer is a dry gravy dish prepared mainly during occasions. Paneer cubes are cooked in thick spicy tomato gravy with added Indian grounded spices. This dish goes well with Fried rice & Naan. Let’s get into the recipe.
- Paneer cubes – 1cup
- Onion – 2medium size (chopped finely)
- Capsicum – 1no (cut into large squares)
- Tomato – 1no (smashed)
- Ginger- Garlic paste – 1tbsp
- Cumin Seeds/ Jeera – 1tsp
- Chili Powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1tsp
- Coriander powder – 1tsp
- Tomato sauce – 1tsp
- Fenugreek/ Methi dry leaves – 1tsp
- Coriander leaves/ Malli ela – 2tbsp (chopped)
- Oil – 2tbsp
- Salt as per taste.
- Heat a kadai & pour oil. Add jeera & allow it to splutter.
- Then add the chopped onion & nicely sauté till golden in color.
- Add ginger-garlic paste & nicely sauté for 2mins.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder, Garam Masala powder, Coriander powder & salt.
- Sauté for 2mins. Then add the smashed tomatoes & tomato sauce.
- Nicely sauté till oil oozes out from the gravy. Add Methi leaves.
- Then add the paneer cubes & nicely mix all the ingredients.
- Lower the flame & cover kadai with a lid. Cook for 5mins.
- Remove the lid & Garnish the dish with Coriander leaves. Switch off the flame.
- Kadai Paneer is ready to serve hot.
Goes well with Naan, Roti, Chapathi & fried rice.