Kanda Poha is a very regular & famous breakfast among Marathi people. This dish gives an authentic flavor when beaten rice flakes combined with lots of onion & green chilies. Garnishing with peanuts & little coconut enhance the dish a lot!!!!! I love this dish especially in the evening time with tea…..
- Poha/ Avail/ Beaten Rice flakes – 3cups
- Potato – 1no (chopped into small cubes)
- Peanuts/ Kapalandi – 2tbsp
- Onion – 2medium sized (chopped finely)
- Green chilies – 6nos (sliced roundly)
- Ginger – 1 inch (sliced finely)
- Jeera seeds/ Cumin/ Jeeragam – 1tsp
- Sugar – a pinch
- Coriander leaves – 3 stems (chopped)
- Hing – a pinch
- Coconut – 2tsp (optional)
- Turmeric powder – 1/2tsp
- Oil – 4tsp
- Lime – 1/2
- Salt as per taste
- Take a vessel. Add peanuts & little water & boil in low flame for 10 mins. Drain the water & keep it aside.
- In a large bowl, add rice flakes. Sprinkle water on rice flakes to make them soft.
- Heat a kadai. Pour oil. Add the cooked peanuts & roast until the peanuts color turn golden. Remove it in a plate. In the same oil splutter cumin seeds.
- Add sliced onion & sauté till onion turns transparent in color.
- Then add the chopped green chilies, ginger & potato. Sauté for 5mins.
- Add turmeric powder, sugar, hing & salt. Sauté well.
- Add soften rice flakes & mix well in low flame. Sprinkle little water & lime juice to avoid dryness.
- Add the roasted peanuts & coriander leaves & mix well.
- Garnish with coconut.
Delicious Maharashtrian Kanda poha is ready to serve hot.