Karimeen fry a popular dish in kerala. Karimeen /Pearl spot fish is found in backwaters of kerala like kumarakom, Alaapuzha (Alleppey) and is served in house boat for lunch and special dish in Kallu shap (Toddy shop).
- Cleaned Karimeen – whole 2pieces
- Turmeric powder – 1/2tsp
- Red Chili powder – 2tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2tsp
- Small onions/ Shallots – 5 Nos
- Garlic -3 pods
- Lemon Juice – 2tsp
- Curryleaves – 3leaves
- Salt as per taste
- Mix Red Chili powder, Turmeric powder, Pepper powder,Red small onions,Garlic, Lemon Juice, and salt and grind to make a paste.
- Marinate the cleaned karimeen with the paste.
- Keep the marinated fish in refrigerator for ½ hour so that we will get the taste of paste in the flesh which makes the fish much tastier.
- Heat a frying pan & add 3tbsp of oil.
- Place the marinated fish & deep fry both the sides till brown in color.
- Remove it to a plate wrapped with paper towel.
Karimeen Varathadhu is ready to serve with hot rice.