Kerala Chips are made using Kerala Banana. This is a snack or fritters used and made especially in Kerala. Banana deep fried in coconut oil gives an authentic taste and turmeric powder enhances the color of this snack/ fritters.
- Kerala Banana/ Ethakka – 2nos
- Turmeric powder/ Haldi – ½ tsp
- Coconut Oil – 1cup
- Salt as per taste.
- Remove the skin of Banana. Clean it nicely.
- Cut banana into thin round slices either using slicer or else with knife.
- Pour coconut oil in a kadai. When oil gets hot, dip round banana slices into oil.
- In half glass of water, add turmeric powder and adequate salt.
- Sauté well in medium flame. When the banana chips are slightly crispy, add 1tbsp of turmeric water into oil carefully. Fry the chips until they turn crispy.
Remove it to a tissue paper. Serve during occasions, evening tea and parties.