Egg curry is a very common dish among the South Indians especially in Kerala. This dish is easy to make & very tasty. Goes well with Vellayappam, Idiyappam & chapathi. Boiled eggs are cooked in Indian spices which gives a special & yummy taste.
- Egg – 2nos (boiled)
- Onion – 1medium size (sliced)
- Tomato – 1no (finely chopped)
- Chili powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Eastern Chicken Masala Powder – 2tsp
- Dhaniya/ Malli powder – 2tsp
- Garam Masala powder – 1tsp
- Rai/ Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Dry Red Chilies – 2nos
- Curry leaves – 5leaves
- Oil – 2tbsp
- Salt as per taste.
- Heat a kadai, pour oil & add mustard seeds, dry red chilies & curry leaves. Allow it to splutter.
- Add chopped onion & nicely sauté till onion turns transparent in color.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder, dhaniya powder, Chicken masala powder & sauté for 2mins.
- Then add chopped tomatoes & sauté till oil oozes out from the gravy.
- Add 1cup of water to the gravy & allow it to boil.
- Cut boiled eggs into half & add it to the gravy.
- Lower the gas & cook the gravy covered for 5mins.
- Egg curry is ready to serve.
Goes well with Idiyappam, Vellayappam & chapathi.