In the mood for a snack then why don’t we try out some easy and home-made snack which can be stored for many days and taste remains intact. Today Iam presenting before you is Pakkavada which is also famous in variety name such as Ribbon Pakkavada and pakoda. Besan powder with a combination of chili powder and hing gives a delicious flavor to this snack. Easily carried and eaten during travels too. My mom used to make this snack usually and mainly during Diwali/ Deepavali festival. Less oil consumption, easy to make, less time consumption are its specialities.
- Besan/ Gram flour – 2cups
- Rice powder – ½ cup
- Chili powder – 2tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp
- Hing/ Asafetida – 2tsp
- Salt as per taste.
- Oil for deep frying
- In a deep bottom vessel, sieve besan/ gram flour and rice powder.
- Add to it chili powder, turmeric powder, hing and salt as per taste.
- Add little water to make smooth dough. See to it that the dough doesn’t become sticky.
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying. Press the dough through ribbon mould of seva press into hot oil and fry until brown in color.
- Remove it to a plate wrapped with paper towel. When cooled, transfer it to airtight container.
Pakkavada/ Pakoda/ Ribbon pakkavada is ready to serve with hot ginger tea.