Try this Diwali little different with Malpau. Malpau is one of the sweets made during Diwali. It is a very famous dish of West Bengal & this dish resembles to our Kerala traditional Unniappam. Moderate sweetness & softness are the qualities of this sweet.
- Maida – ½ kg
- Sugar – 750gms
- Milk – ½ ltr
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Banana – 6 nos
- Dry fruits – 25gm
- Ilaichi – 5 to 6 powdered
- Refined Oil – 1ltr
- Boil the milk & stir it till it becomes thick. Then cool it.
- In the milk add maid, sugar, dry fruits, coconut & ilaichi powder. Stir it till it becomes a paste.
- Make banana paste & add it into the maida paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Make round shaped balls of the paste.
- Fry these till they turn red.