Vegetable Masala Toast Sandwich is another version which I usually make during our kitty parties. Easy to make in very less time but steal the hearts of each and every person. You can add any vegetables of your choice and taste. We can make this snack richer and tastier by adding grated paneer/ cheese/mushroom….This snack is very common in Bangalore and Mumbai bakeries and gets sold out very fast.
Even you can make your kidoos happy by adding this snack to their lunch box.
- Bread – 4slices
- Coriander chutney – 4tbsp (how to make coriander chutney)
- Potato – 1no (chopped into small pieces)
- Carrot – 1no (chopped into small pieces)
- Tomato – 1no (Finely chopped)
- Onion – 1 medium size (chopped into small pieces)
- Frozen Green peas – ¼ cup
- Ginger – ½ inch (finely chopped)
- Garlic pods – 2nos (finely chopped)
- Chili powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
- Chicken Masala powder – ½ tsp
- Mustard Seeds/ Rai/ Kadakka – 1tsp
- Cumin seeds/ Jeera – ½ tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Oil – 1tbsp
- Heat oil in a kadai. Splutter mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Add chopped garlic and ginger and sauté for few seconds in low flame.
- Add chopped onions and little salt. When the onion starts turning slight brown, add chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and chicken masala powder. Sauté in low flame for 1minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and sauté till oil oozes out from sides. Then add all the chopped vegetables and adequate salt. Sprinkle some water to maintain moisture in the masala.
- Nicely mix all items together. Close it with a lid and allow it to cook in low flame. In-between just stir themasala so that sides don’t stick to kadai.
- When vegetables are properly cooked, smash the vegetables with spatula except green peas. Remove it from flame & allow it to cool.
- Spread coriander chutney 1tbsp on inner side of 1 bread slice. Apply masala over it and spread to all sides in a thick layer (I had taken 2tbsp masala to spread)
- Take the 2nd bread slice. Spread coriander chutney 1tbsp on one side of bread slice.
- Place the spreaded coriander chutney part of bread slice over the masala.
- Place it in a toaster & toast bread till both sides of bread slice turns slightly brown in color.
- Remove it to a plate & repeat the process for more masala sandwich. Cut the sandwich into half as shown in the photo while serving.
Masala Toast Sandwich is ready to serve with hot ginger tea/ green tea.
Alternative step: You can also toast masala sandwich in a tawa greased with little oil.