Winter season have started and Lots of fresh methi are available in market. Methi is a very good nutrition based leafy vegetable which helps our body in many ways by controlling cholesterol, diabetics etc. the bitter taste of this vegetable is not liked by most of the persons due to which we try to avoid its intake. But there are many ways to hide the bitter taste of this green leaf like by making Methi paratha, Methi Matar Malai…yummy creamy recipe and today I made for my lunch – Methi Matar Pulao…Fresh Matar and Methi/ Fenugreek leaves combined with Basmati jeera rice with very less added Indian spices gives a very aromatic and delicious food. The best combination to have this rice is with Paneer Butter Masala. A very simple and easy to make recipe during any kind of functions. Let’s go to its recipe.
- Basmati jeera rice – 1cup
- Matar/ Fresh green peas – 1cup
- Methi leaves – 1cup (chopped)
- Green chili-Ginger- Garlic paste – 1tbsp
- Onion – 1no (chopped finely)
- Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
- Oil – 1tbsp
- Salt as per taste.
- Clean rice nicely in normal water. Add 2cups water and cook the rice.
- When the water starts boiling, low flame and cook rice. See to it that the rice is not over cooked.
- Drain water completely from the cooked rice and allow rice to cool.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add chopped onion and little salt. Sauté till onion turns transparent.
- Add Green chili- ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 2mins in low flame.
- Add Matar and sauté for 3mins. Then add methi leaves and sauté well for another 5mins.
- Add Garam Masala powder and adequate salt to the mix. Now switch off flame.
- Add cooked rice and mix well so that all the ingredients are nicely mixed with rice.
Ready to serve hot Methi Matar Pulao. Best combination is with Paneer Butter Masala.