Biryani is an all-time favorite dish of most of the Indians. Mushroom lovers can enjoy eating this dish. Mushroom Biryani is a simple and yummy recipe. Mushroom itself is a healthy and tasty sprout and easily available in most of the super markets. Mushroom Biryani is a combination of Mushroom marinated and cooked in Indian traditional masalas and then combined with our tasty and delicious basmati rice gives a flavorful taste to the dish. There is no tension of rice getting overcooked or else cutting many vegetables. Mushroom Biryani can be served with vegetable salad. This biryani can be made easily using this recipe:
- Biryani Rice – 1 cup
- Onion – 2nos (sliced)
- Tomato – 1 medium sized (smashed)
- Tomato sauce (ketchup) – 1tsp
- Ginger – Garlic Paste – 1tbsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1tsp
- Biryani Masala Powder – 3tsp
- Chili Powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Coriander leaves – ½cup
- Oil – 2tbsp
[ingredients title=”For marination”]
- Mushroom – 450gms (cleaned and chopped)
- Thick Yogurt/ Curd – 2tbsp
- Chili powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala powder – ½ tsp
- Salt as per taste.
- Mix all the mentioned items under marination. If required sprinkle little water. Nicely marinate all the items with mushroom. Keep it aside closed for 1hour.
- In meantime, roast a spoon of sliced onions in little oil and keep it aside.
- Clean basmati rice in cold water 2 or 3 times. Cook the rice with adequate water. Drain the excess water from rice after the rice is almost cooked. (See to it that the rice is not over cooked) Allow cooked rice to cool.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add sliced onion and little salt. Sauté till onion turns transparent. Add Ginger – Garlic paste and sauté in low flame for 3mins.
- Now add Chili powder, Turmeric powder, Garam Masala powder and Biryani masala powder and sauté in low flame for 2mins.
- Add chopped tomatoes and tomato ketchup and sauté for 5mins in low flame till the tomato turns soft and mushy.
- Now add marinated mushroom completely and nicely mix all the items. Close the kadai with a lid and cook the mushroom in low flame for 5mins.
- When the yogurt is completely evaporated from the mushroom and a thick consistency has been formed, add
- adequate salt and nicely mix. See to it that the mushrooms don’t break.
- Now switch off flame add slowly add part by part cooked rice and mix with the mushroom gravy.
- When all the items are nicely mixed with rice and mushroom, slightly heat the Mushroom Biryani in a slow flame for 3mins.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves and roasted onion slices.