An instant, healthy, nutrition rich breakfast. It’s a prepared with a combination of Oats, Rava, Curd/ Yoghurt, Ginger, Coriander leaves. Oats adding into our everyday life will be a best option but daily having oats mixed in milk & drinking it makes every person bored. Idly itself is an nutritional & quick breakfast among South Indian so Oats idly will be a sure hit…
- Oats – 1 cup
- Rava – 1 cup
- Curd – 1 cup
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp (Rai / Kadaka)
- Urad Dal – ½ tsp
- Jeera/ Cumin Seeds – 1tsp
- Coriander Leaves – ½ cup (chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (finely chopped)
- Green Chilies – 3nos (finely chopped)
- Soda powder – a pinch
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Roast oats in a kadai for 5mins in low flame. Put the roasted oats in mixer to make a fine powder.
- Heat kadai, add oil & mustard seeds, urad dal & cumin seeds. Let them splutter.
- Then add to it chopped ginger & green chilies & sauté for 2mins.
- Now add rava & sauté well for 5mins.
- Switch off the flame & let it cool.
- When the mixture is cooled, add oats powder, curd, soda powder, coriander leaves, salt and little water & keep aside closed for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour the mixture would look dry so add water so that it becomes like idly batter.
- Pour the batter in the idly mould & steam it.
- Oats idly is ready to serve.
Goes well with coconut chutney.