Pacha Manga Chammanthi is a real Kerala traditional recipe which goes very well with hot rice or rice kanji with roasted papad. Normally we make this in mixer for time saving purpose but the real taste of this dish comes when it is prepared in Ammikallu. Tried first time & really the taste is so!!!! Different from that we make in mixer. Try it…..
- Raw Mango – ½ cup (sliced)
- Coconut – ½ cup (grated)
- Small onions/ Shallots – 4 to 5nos
- Chili powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – 4leaves
- Salt as per taste
- Coconut oil – 1tsp
- Grind all the ingredients except coconut, chili powder, turmeric powder & salt & oil. (I grinded in ammikalla (stone) which we find in all traditional kerala family houses, we can do it in mixer also)
- When it is finely minced, keep it aside in a plate & then place coconut with chili powder, turmeric powder & salt on the ammikallu & grind it but not to a fine paste.
- Then add kept aside mango paste to grinded coconut & nicely mix.
- Once again grind whole ingredients so that all the ingredients mix together nicely.
- Then remove manga chammanthi to a bowl. Pour coconut oil.
Kerala traditional Manga/ Mango Chammanthi is ready to serve with hot rice or else Rice Kanji.