Palak pakoda /Spinach Fritter is an easy to make snack & enjoyed during rainy season with masala chai/tea. Spinach leaves wrapped in besan/ Kadala paste with onion – tomato flavor & deep fried gives a crunchy bite & will make our evening more delight. Spinach fritters is also known in the name of palak pakoras or bhajiyas.
- Spinach/ Palak leaves – 5nos (washed & cleaned)
- Besan/ Kadala powder – ½ cup
- Chili powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
- Hing/ Kayam powder – a pinch
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Onion – 1 medium size (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 medium size (finely chopped)
- Salt as per taste.
- In a vessel, add besan powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, hing, cumin seeds, chopped onion & tomato & adequate salt.
- Nicely mix all the ingredients. Pour little water to make a fine thick besan paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep fry. Take a spinach leaf & dip it into the thick besan paste. Nicely apply besan paste on both sides of leaf. Roll the leaf.
- Before dipping the pasted leaf into oil, just dip a pinch of besan paste into oil to check whether oil is hot.
- If oil is hot, besan paste will come on top of the oil.
- Slowly dip the rolled & pasted spinach leaf into oil. Nicely fry the leaf till crunchy.
- Remove it to a plate wrapped with paper towel. You can make the rest spinach leaves in same manner.
Spinach/ Palak pakodas is ready to serve hot with tomato ketchup.