Today my dish is a combination of South India cuisine & North India cuisine. Paneer is Punjab’s famous & delicious item and Masala Dosa is an ever time favorite dish of all South Indians. So thought of combining both the items which came out successfully known as Paneer Masala Dosa. Paneer cubes nicely mixed with Masala and paneer shredded over the dosa makes this morning weekend breakfast delicious & rich in taste as well as texture.
- Raw Rice – 3cups
- Urad Dal – 1cup
- Methi/ Fenugreek seeds – a pinch
- Salt as per taste.
[ingredients title=”For making Masala”]
- Onion – 1no (cut into slices)
- Potato – 1no (cut into small pieces)
- Carrot – 1no (cut into small pieces)
- Frozen Green peas – ½ cup
- Tomato – 1no (finely chopped)
- Ginger – Garlic paste – 1tsp
- Paneer – 500gms (250gms – small cubes & 250gms grated)
- Chili powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Tandoor Masala powder – 1tsp (optional)
- Rai/ Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Coriander leaves – ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Oil – 1tbsp
- Salt as per taste.
- Soak raw rice, urad dal and methi seeds in water for 8hours. Grind them to a fine dosa batter. Keep it closed for 12hours. Add little salt to the dosa batter before use. Keep it a side.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Splutter mustard seeds and add chopped onion. Sauté for 5mins in low flame. Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 2mins.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder and tandoor masala powder and sauté for 3mins.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and saute till oil oozes out from sides.
- Add chopped potatoes, carrot and frozen peas and salt. saute till everything gets nicely combined.
- Close kadai with a lid and cook the vegetables in low flame. Stir in between. When vegetables are properly cooked, smash it slightly.
- Add the paneer cubes and chopped coriander leaves and mix all the items nicely. Allow masala to cool.
How to make Paneer Dosa:
- Heat a dosa tawa & grease it with little oil. Pour 1 ladle of dosa batter & spread it in a round shape to make a thin dosa.
- Then keeping it on a medium flame, pour a teaspoon of oil on top of dosa. Spread the grated paneer on the dosa.
- When it start turning crispy, add one portion of masala in the middle of dosa & spread it with spatula.
- Cook till the dosa turns golden brown in color & fold it pressing slightly to make a roll. See to it that Roll doesn’t break.
- With the sharp edge of spatula cut it into three pieces. In the same way repeat the process for making more dosa.
Paneer Masala Dosa is ready to serve hot with Coconut chutney/ Coriander Chutney/ Onion Chutney.