Paneer Kofta is an authentic Punjabi dish made out of Paneer and potatoes which is very rich and creamy. Koftas consist of grated paneer with a combination of smashed potatoes and some added Indian spices deep fried in oil and dropped into the thick gravy consisting of powdered cashewnuts which gives this dish a Shahi look and taste. I tried this dish during my family gettogether and Paneer Kofta was the main attraction of my menu which tasted really yummy and awesome. My cousins liked this dish a lot. So thought…why not share this with you all so that you can also prepare it at your home for your dear and near ones.Try this dish and give me your valuable feedback.
Ingredients For Making Koftas:
- Paneer – 250gms (grated)
- Potato – 2nos
- Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2tsp
- Corn flour – 3tbsp
- All Purpose Flour – 2tbsp
- Salt as per taste.
- Oil for deep frying
Ingredients For Gravy:
- Onion – 5nos
- Tomatoes – 3nos
- Yogurt/ Thick curd – 1/2 cup
- Chili powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2tsp
- Garam Masala powder – 1tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Cashewnut Powder – 1/2cup
- Clarified butter – 1tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1/2cup (finely chopped)
- Oil – 1tbsp.
- Salt as per taste.
- Boil potatoes, peel and smash them.
- Add the smashed potatoes in a deep bottom vessel.
- Add grated paneer and ingredients mentioned under – For making Koftas.
- Mix them nicely, make desired shape for koftas.
- Deep fry the koftas till golden brown in color and keep it a side for cooling.
- On the other side, grind onion and tomatoes together in a mixer to make a paste.
- Heat a kadai, pour oil in it. Splutter cumin seeds and add the pasted onion – tomatoe mixture.
- Stir it continuously till the gravy turns brown in color as well as oil oozes out from sides.
- Then add thick curd, cashewnut powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and adequate salt.
- Stir continously and then add 3cups of water.
- When the gravy starts boiling,close it with a lid and cook for 5mins in low flame.
- Now add the clarified butter and switch off the flame.
- When time to serve,just heat again the gravy and add paneer koftas.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Rich, tasty and yummy Paneer Kofta is ready to serve with Fried rice, Naan, Roti, Chapati…