Kulcha is a traditional dish of Punjab. There are different types of kulcha in which I tried is Paneer Kulcha. Easy to make & as everyone among us love Paneer….this dish becomes our favorite.
- Maida/ All-purpose flour – 2cups
- Yogurt/ Curd – 2tbsp
- Soda bicarbonate – ¼ tsp
- Sugar – 1tsp
- Milk – ½ cup
- Paneer – 250gms (grated)
- Chili powder – 1/2tsp
- Chat masala – a pinch
- Salt as per taste
- Take maida in a bowl. Add yogurt, soda bicarbonate, sugar & salt. Mix thoroughly. Then add milk to make smooth dough. Cover it with a damp cloth & keep a side for 1 hour.
- Preheat the Oven at maximum temperature.
- Take a bowl & add grated paneer, chili powder, chat masala & salt. Mix well.
- Make lemon sized balls from the dough. Roll each ball into a round poori shape. Stuff a portion of paneer into each poori. Close it from all ends & again make balls & let them rest for 5mins.
- Then slowly roll the stuffed balls into 7inch round kulcha.
- Grease the microwave baking tray with little water & sprinkle little chili powder on it.
- Place the kulcha on greased tray. Sprinkle a pinch of dry kasoori methi leaves over the kulcha. Bake it in preheated oven for 5 to 6 minutes.
Paneer Kulcha is ready to eat. Stuff it with a spoon of butter.