Paneer Makhani is a very popular Punjabi dish, very simple to make, rich in taste. The paneer is cooked in fresh creamy tomato gravy. Paneer Makhani & Paneer Butter Masala are almost same so I thought of making this dish very simple with less work, rich texture but no compromise with the taste. With fraction of minutes we can make our family happy by using this recipe in our kitchen.
- Paneer – 500gms (cubes)
- Green Chilies – 5nos (cut into slit)
- Tomato Sauce (ketchup) – 4tbsp
- Garam masala – 1 ½ tsp
- Kasoori Methi leaves – 1tsp
- Fresh cream – 1cup
- Butter – 2tbsp
- Chili powder – 1/2tsp
- Salt as per taste.
- Boil 1 ½ cup of water & add paneer cubes. Keep it closed for 5mins. Drain the water completely. It will give us soft paneer cubes.
- Heat a frying pan. Add butter. When the butter completely melts, add green chilies & sauté for 2mins.
- Then add the tomato sauce & sauté well for 5mins in low flame.
- Add garam masala powder, chili powder & salt. Sauté for 2mins.
- Then add fresh cream & kasoori methi leaves & bring to boil.
- Add the paneer cubes & mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Keep it aside for 5mins so that paneer absorbs all the flavors into it.
Paneer Makhani is ready to serve. Best goes with naan, rotis, hot rice, kulcha…