Paneer Tikka Masala is an authentic Punjabi dish & one of the famous dishes in most Indian Restaurants. Paneer marinated along with vegetables in thick creamy Indian spices & roasted in barbeque style. This dish can be served as starter or else evening fritter without gravy & also present this dish as gravy which very well goes with Naan, Chapathi, Fried Rice….Red in color, Rich Creamy texture, spicy gravy & a good alternative for veggie lovers.
- Paneer Tikka – 2cups (how to make Paneer Tikka)
- Onion – 2 medium sized (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 medium sized (finely chopped)
- Tomato Ketchup – 1tsp
- Red Capsicum – ½ piece (cut into squares)
- Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 tsp (I used 4 garlic pods & 1 inch ginger & made fine paste)
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Kashmiri Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Dhania/ Malli/ Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Tandoori Masala – 1 ½ tsp
- Fresh Cream – 3tbsp (I used Amul fresh cream)
- Fenugreek/ Kasoori methi leaves – 1tsp (dry leaves)
- Coriander leaves – 1tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt as per taste.
- Pour 2 tsp of oil in a kadai & add Cumin seeds & allow it to splutter. Then add chopped onion & a pinch of salt.
- When the onion starts turning golden brown, add ginger-garlic paste & sauté well for a 2 minutes.
- Then add chili powder. turmeric powder, coriander powder & garam masala powder.
- Sauté well till nice aroma comes out & all ingredients are well combined.
- Then add chopped tomato, tomato ketchup & sauté till the oil separates.
- Add chopped red capsicum & sauté well.
- Add kasoori methi & fresh cream to the gravy. Sauté well in low flame.
- If you feel the gravy is too much thick then you can adjust adding little warm water.
- Add paneer tikka along with roasted vegetables & sauté well in low flame.
- Add tandoori masala powder & chopped coriander leaves. Adjust salt as per taste.