Pulao is one of the easiest dishes among rice recipes & one of the main courses in North Indian culinary. Pulao can be made in varieties in which today I have tried using Paneer and it is a favorite item among all of us. So Paneer pulao will be a sure hit..
- Paneer – 250gms
- Long Rice – 1 cup
- Onion – 1nos (sliced)
- Carrot – 1nos (small medium cubes)
- Beans – 4nos (small rounds)
- Frozen peas – ¼ cup
- Tomato – 1 medium sized (smashed)
- Tomato sauce (ketchup) – 1tsp
- Ginger – 1inch
- Garlic – 8pods
- Garam Masala Powder – 1tsp
- Chili Powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Coriander leaves – ½cup
- Oil – 3tsp
- Cook rice separately adding little salt & keep it aside.
- Make a paste of ginger & garlic, keep a side.
- Fry paneer cubes in a frying pan until both sides of paneer turns slightly brown in color.
- Heat a kadai & pour oil.
- Add garam masala powder & sauté for few seconds. Then add sliced onion & sauté onmedium flame adding little salt.
- When onion turns transparent & pink in color, add ginger-garlic paste & sauté well for 2mins.
- Then add chopped vegetables, green peas, chili powder, turmeric powder, sauté well for 2mins.
- Add smashed tomato & tomato sauce & sauté well till oil starts separating.
- Then add the fried paneer cubes & sauté well. Close with a lid & cook for 5mins in low flame.
- Then add cooked rice & nicely mix all the ingredients.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Paneer Pulao is ready to serve. Goes well with vegetable salad.