Prawns Curry – Kerala Style is prepared in thick Coconut milk with green chilies & ginger flavor mixed in it. Easy to make but rich in texture are the qualities of this curry. This is one of our favorite dishes. This curry goes very well with hot rice. You can substitute coconut powder with grated coconut as per your convenience. I used fresh grated coconut to get the coconut milk. Let’s get into the recipe. Please post your comments after you make this recipe in your kitchen.
Prawns/ Shrimp – 2 cups (cleaned)
Green Chilies – 5 nos (sliced)
Ginger – 2 inch (sliced)
Onion – 2 medium sized (sliced)
Chili Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric/ Haldi Powder – ½ tsp
Curry leaves – 5 nos
Coconut Milk – 2 cups
Salt as per taste
Coconut Oil – 1 tsp
- Heat kadai. Add cleaned prawns, green chilies – 2 nos, Ginger – 1 inch sliced, little chili powder, little turmeric powder & little salt & water.
- Once the gravy starts to boil, low the flame & cook the prawns nicely till the gravy becomes complete dry.
- Heat a frying pan & pour oil. Add the cooked prawns & saute well till it turns slightly crispy.
- Then move the crispy prawns to a bowl & in the same pan pour little more oil.
- Add the sliced green chilies & ginger. Saute for a minute.
- Then add sliced onion. Saute till the onion becomes transparent.
- Now add chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and curry leaves.
- Add the fried prawns & one cup of coconut milk & bring to boil.
- Low the flame & cook for 10 mins.
- Once the gravy seems to become dry, add rest of coconut milk.
- Bring to boil & switch off the flame.
- Prawns Curry – Kerala style is ready to serve with hot rice.