Learn how to make an instant and healthy dosa. Here’s a recipe for you – Ragi Rava Uthappam..tasty, healthy and easy to make. Ragi (Finger Millet) is a very good grain rich with nutrients. When we make ragi dosa, it doesnt turn out crispy but try this version of making ragi with a combination of rava and rice flakes,,really it turned yummy. Ragi mixed with rava as usual and then add the rice flakes paste to make dosa crispy. This time i tried to make Uthappam and to my surprise the uthappam turned very tasty even more tastier than our normal Uthappam. Let me share the recipe with you too so that you all can try it in your kitchen and have a delicious and healthy breakfast with your loved family.
- Rava/Rave – 1/2 cup
- Ragi powder – 1cup
- Rice flakes/ Poha – 1/2 cup
- Jeera/ cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Onion – 1medium size finely chopped
- Green Chilies – 2to3 nos finely chopped
- Ginger – 1inch finely chopped
- Salt as per taste.
- Soak rava and rice flakes in water for 5 mins in each separate containers.
- Drain water from rava and rice flakes.
- Grind rice flakes to a fine paste. Transfer the paste to a container.
- Add ragi powder,soaked rava and salt to rice flakes paste.
- Add water to bring it to thick dosa batter consistency.
- In a different vessel, mix the chopped onion, green chilies and ginger.
- Heat dosa tawa & grease it with little oil. Pour 1 ladle of dosa batter & spread it in a round shape to make a thick dosa. (Don’t spread the batter too much, just make a medium size round shape)
- Sprinkle chopped vegetables over the dosa & nicely pat it with spatula so that the vegetables are settled inside the batter.
- Sprinkle little oil on top. When it starts turning a bit golden in colour, flip the dosa onto other side carefully without breaking it.
- Low the flame & cook for 5 mins. Remove it from tawa carefully to a serving plate.
Serve hot with coconut chutney or coconut chammathi. healthy and instant Ragi Rava Uthappam ready.