Cultural diversity was one of the finest things about our society where i was grown-up which was really enjoying. In our society there were people from different regions of the country. My mom used to learn almost every recipe from our neighbours & used to try the same in her kitchen.In the same way, she leant how to make Rava laddoo from our neighbour Maharashtrian aunty. Aunty makes yummy laddoos & other sweets too. Anyways I learnt Rava laddoo recipe from my mother. Rava laddoo is one of the Diwali Sweets seen in all households mainly in Maharashtra during Diwali festival. This delicious Rava laddoo is very easy & quick to make. In Maharashtra it is also known as Rava Che Laddoo.
- Rava / Sooji / Semolina – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Grated Fresh Coconut / Frozen Coconut – ¾ cup (Frozen coconut needs to be brought in room temperature before use)
- Milk – 1 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 25 gms
- Cardamom/ Elaichi/ Elakka powder – just a pinch
- Cashew nuts/ Kaju/ Kashuandi – 12 nuts
- Raisins/ Mundiri – 10 nos
- Heat a kadai & add 1 ½ tsp of ghee in it. Once the ghee is hot, roast cashew nuts & raisins in lower flame.
- When the Raisins are balloon shaped it means they are roasted, remove them in a bowl.
- Then add the grated Coconut & roast. Once it is roasted, remove them in a bowl.
- Keep all the roasted items aside & then add balance ghee in the kadai & roast rava.
- Roast the rava till nice aroma/ smell comes out.
- Take a medium sized bowl & add all the roasted items – Rava, Cashewnuts, Raisins, Coconut.
- Then add Cardamom powder & sugar. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Then slowly add the warm milk & kindly check if you are able to make balls.
- Once you are confirm the milk is sufficient, move the mixture to the kadai & cook it in low flame for hardly 2 mins. (See to it that no lumps are foamed)
- Switch of the flame & Mix the mixture well & then cover it & let it rest for 2 mins.
- Then start making lemon sized balls.
Rava laddoo/ Rava che laddoo is ready to eat.