Today I tried some different curry for chapthis. It was my all-time concern of what side dish to make for chapathis. Usually potatoes are the best combination but everyday potato can cause problem to our health. In our family all loves red chori. Red chori & pumkin curry is a very tasty, less spicy & healthy side dish which makes a perfect combination with chapathis. Even Bachelors will love to make in their kitchen as it is very simple.
- Red Beans/ Lal chawli/ Red Chori/ VanPira – 1cup
- Pumpkin – 1cup (sliced cubically)
- Onion – 2nos (sliced)
- Ginger – Garlic paste – 1tsp
- Rai/ Kadaga/ Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Jeera seeds – 1tsp
- Curry leaves – 5 to 6nos
- Chili powder – 1 ½ tsp.
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1cup
- Oil – 3tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Take a pressure cooker & add red beans with balanced proportion of water. When 1 st whistle blows, low the flame & cook for 20mins.
- In a vessel add the sliced pumpkin & add little of chili powder, turmeric powder & salt. Add some water & cook for 20mins in low flame or until the pumpkin are cooked.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add rai, jeera &curry leaves. Allow them to splutter.
- Then add sliced onion & sauté till the onion turns transparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste & sauté well for 5 mins.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder & salt. Sauté well.
- Then add the cooked beans & pumpkin. Mix well.
- When it starts to boil, Add coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice or chapathi.